You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘iPad app’ tag.
A wonderful new travel app was released early this morning. It is called Travel Channel Layover Guide with Anthony Bourdain.
Fans of Anthony Bourdain and his Travel Channel shows will appreciate the app, of course. Other travelers will also find it valuable, informative, and entertaining.
McCool Travel participated in the development of the app by doing a little mobile testing.
Here is what I liked about it:
- it contains information about every destination (restaurant, bar, attraction, hotel) Tony visited in his The Layover and No Reservations shows
- short videos by Tony highlight what he enjoyed and did not enjoy about each city and many of the destinations
- app users can earn badges by visiting and checking in at destinations
- app users can add their own pictures and notes
- integrated map shows time between destinations
- app users can build their own layovers. Start with Tony’s layover suggestions, add and subtract to suit your preferences and schedule.
- Do’s and Don’ts and Inspiration (books, music) lists from Tony for each city.
I like Tony’s quote in this New York Times article:
“The app is built around destinations and eateries I actually like,” Mr. Bourdain wrote in an e-mail. “The thing is intended to be useful and personal. If you’re looking for hours of operation for the Eiffel Tower or Disney World, look elsewhere.”
You can buy the app here in the iTunes Store.
© 2012, Charles McCool