Special McCool Travel re-post, to commemorate the Super Bowl in New Orleans on 3 February 2013.
Originally posted on McCool Travel:
Today is Mardi Gras! Nothing signifies Mardi Gras more in the United States than New Orleans.
Here are 8 great (I hope you think so) photos I took in New Orleans this past September.
1. If you arrive by airplane, you will be greeted in the small New Orleans airport terminal by a Louis Armstrong statue and this gorgeous mural.
2. One way to get around New Orleans is the efficient trolley. Notice that it is clean, empty (probably not today!), and frequent (two oncoming cars).
3. New Orleans pride is everywhere. Who Dat gonna beat dem Saints? umm, maybe next year.
4. New Orleans style is also prevalent. How about this for your next Christmas tree?
5. This is one of the three possible burial locations of Marie Laveau, the voodoo queen. The 3 x’s indicate someone has placed an offering and requested something (usually a love…
View original 90 more words